About Adoptee Rage

Statistics Identify large populations of Adoptees in prisons, mental hospitals and committed suicide.
Fifty years of scientific studies on child adoption resulting in psychological harm to the child and
poor outcomes for a child's future.
Medical and psychological attempts to heal the broken bonds of adoption, promote reunions of biological parents and adult children. The other half of attempting to repair a severed Identity is counselling therapy to rebuild the self.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Running-Away-from-Your-Adopted-Self

ADOPTEE RAGE!

Running Away From Ourselves
________________________________________________________________

Our Mother Ran Away...
Our Father Ran Away...
We Ran Away....

And We Ran Away Again... 

Now we continue to run away psychologically, as it is the only escape that adopted children can fathom living in a family of abusive, hostile strangers.
In adult adoptees, the only way to escape the unfamiliar group, the unknown sounds and the perpetual noise that can't be turned down. The misery of relationships where everyone takes from us and forces on us things we refuse.
Closeness, intimacy is like finger nails on a chalkboard as everyone continues to want to own us. They constantly take from our energy depleting our self worth in an attempt to devour our individual existence. They refer to us as "we" instead of she or he. I am not anyone's we, can not and will never be. I am only me, of course I continue to run away from me and hate my weakness and needs. I long for what I can never experience, to accept love would annihilate me and now know that affection is something that I can never give to anyone especially myself. I was forced into this state at birth separation and will never change, I don't ever want to change as I am finally trying to accept who I am.
Therapists want to rewire the brain, erase the trauma and shock my injured psyche into social submission for the benefit of the adopters....so they can feel loved. Therapy has nothing to do with the adoptee. Only to further brake our spirit to be more socially acceptable. Yet the social realm of is the same society that took me away from my biology and genetic family, so why would I ever chose to deaden my brain functions through therapy to mesh with them?
The reality for adult adoptees is trauma, complex and developmental trauma at the hands of what society deemed acceptable, the perfect adoptive home. The only forever in my adoption is the abuse I suffered perpetrated by my adoptive parents, as it forever rains their condemnations and bruises in my head.