About Adoptee Rage

Statistics Identify large populations of Adoptees in prisons, mental hospitals and committed suicide.
Fifty years of scientific studies on child adoption resulting in psychological harm to the child and
poor outcomes for a child's future.
Medical and psychological attempts to heal the broken bonds of adoption, promote reunions of biological parents and adult children. The other half of attempting to repair a severed Identity is counselling therapy to rebuild the self.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

We Need More Adoptee Writers!

ADOPTEE RAGE!

We Need More Adoptee Writers, Adoptee Topics, Adoptee Awareness
______________________________________________________________

I prefer to read adoptee information (not watch videos, podcasts).  
The more adoption related content that I read, the better I understand the dynamics, distortions from narrow perspectives, especially content that challenges my views and is thought provoking. I enjoy reading adoption related content that encompasses alternative perspectives that are counter to my own...The content that is the opposite and counter to my perspective has had a positive effect on my awareness, which is constantly challenging me, my empathy is growing, changing and evolving through adoption education. Counter arguments may spark my own insight or anger might provoke me to expand on the subject to write about.

The problems that I have experienced in seeking adoption related information the lack of adoption education from adoptees that lived it. Adoption writing, as topics generally narrowed to three: 
#1. Pre-Adoption & home study process.
#2. Adoptive-parents & biological parents
#3. Search & Biological Reunion    

I have compiled a list of 40 ADOPTEE categories, with 50 ADOPTEE sub-topics 80 Adoptee topics (A-Z). I've written 800 essays and I am quoted in 17 magazines around the world. Yet I am not satisfied my the minimum of content available. 

The Problem of lacking information continues, Finding information is extremely difficult and many writers waste so much effort on discrediting other writers instead of using their talents and expertise to expand on the much needed information adoptees desperately need to facilitate understanding with educational materials that cause expanded perceptions to healing in adoptees.

I believe the problem lies in (#1.) exclusively pro-adoption language material or (#2) social & political correctness material, both lack, omit and avoid the "real life experience, emotional compromises" and the "ambiguity" is the general undercurrent of adoption. What I have also noticed is similar to the disgruntled employee, where the person example previous welfare worker that speaks out after employment has ended, where they write about their compromised personal ethics that were previously subdued by their social work jobs. If they were to write prior to ending their employment their job may have been in jeopardy by the content they write about. We need all perspectives on all adoption related content, by all persons regardless of their political positions. We need information that is yet to be written about adoption. The more content available to adoptees, the better opportunity to self educate that facilitates healing. Reading opposing viewpoints provokes thought, motivates writing that challenges the status quo.....creating the opportunity for dialog and personal healing. Although adoptee healing is a life-long process of becoming aware through information, where all perspectives are relevant and contribute to opening closed minds with education. From the darkness of Ignorance to the light of knowledge we can evolve and change our perspectives that benefit the voiceless in society.