About Adoptee Rage

Statistics Identify large populations of Adoptees in prisons, mental hospitals and committed suicide.
Fifty years of scientific studies on child adoption resulting in psychological harm to the child and
poor outcomes for a child's future.
Medical and psychological attempts to heal the broken bonds of adoption, promote reunions of biological parents and adult children. The other half of attempting to repair a severed Identity is counselling therapy to rebuild the self.

Saturday, December 26, 2015

The Title of the "Adopted Child" Provokes Adopted Child's Shame

ADOPTEE RAGE!

The Title of the Adopted Child Provokes Adopted Child's Shame
__________________________________________________

In adopted Childhood, the constant humiliating reminder that my adoptive mother never forgot to include in my introductory title "this is my adopted child" Susie-Q or any false identity.

The title "the adopted child, Nancy...
                                             or any Forced Adopted Identity

..What this SAYS to the adopted child and to the listener:

#1. This is NOT my biological child.
#2. I adopted this child to save her from her self, family, life.  
#3. This child is not like other children, she is adopted.
#4. When she does something shameful, I'm not responsible.
#5. I want everyone to know I did not bear this child.
#6. This child is nothing like me or my biological family.
#7. This child is a problem and has problems.
#8. This child fears social interactions, situations and groups 
       .............being adopted explains why.
#9. This child will fail in school, to let you know upfront.
#10. This child will anger me, and when I punish her in public
        .......I have a good reason to humiliate her.
#11. This child will have no friends, be an outcast and prefer 
        to self isolate from others.........because she is adopted.
#12. This child can't articulate, because we don't allow her to  
        speak without being spoken to at home..She's adopted.
#13. This child spends all her time alone in her room..adopted.
#14. This child shouldn't be given any responsibility, she is not           a blood family member and we don't trust her.
#15. This child will never grow into an adult, or develop any              cognitive ability, she will remain my adopted child forever.