About Adoptee Rage

Statistics Identify large populations of Adoptees in prisons, mental hospitals and committed suicide.
Fifty years of scientific studies on child adoption resulting in psychological harm to the child and
poor outcomes for a child's future.
Medical and psychological attempts to heal the broken bonds of adoption, promote reunions of biological parents and adult children. The other half of attempting to repair a severed Identity is counselling therapy to rebuild the self.

Monday, December 7, 2015

The Adopted Child's 5th Birthday Punishment

ADOPTEE RAGE!
The Adopted Child Birthday Punishment
__________________________________

Many caregivers, babysitters and stranger's homes I was dropped off at  
crying, pleading and begging my adoptive mother not to leave me there.

My adoptive mother was always extremely late, where the daycare, babysitter, ballet class or school day ended hours ago and the person in charge would blame me for my adoptive mother's chronic irresponsibility. If I protested about waiting in the dark, she would say "you are lucky that I came at all" or would just slap me in the face to shut me up. I learned to keep my mouth shut to avoid pissing her off, but my adoptive mother would be offended by my quietness and react violently at me.

 Although she was a stay home mother with her two biological sons, I the adopted younger child needed daycare.

I was put into preschool at too young of age by today's standards, and different people drove me and picked me up.

On certain day I was being driven to preschool by babysitter Jeannie, I went through a stack of birthday invitations with each child's name on the sealed envelope. I asked her the name written on each envelope, one by one in the car until she said the name of a certain child that was mean and daily teased me. I slipped the envelope into a book under the stack.

Later that day my adoptive mother came to the preschool to hand out the fancy invitations. When the boy's name was not called he began to cry and throw a tantrum. My adoptive mother took me outside and began to shake and slap my face. She did not look inside the book, that accompanied the invitations. After being physically punished the birthday party was a bust. Later mother found the invitation in the book and we drove to the boy's home where I said that I was sorry. When we returned home I was punished again by my adoptive father, mother and brothers...a family affair of sadistic cruelty of a five year old child's birthday, and the punishment lasted long after that day as usual I was banished and given the usual silent treatment because I was the "bad seed" that they couldn't send back or face public humiliation where they could not save face.