About Adoptee Rage

Statistics Identify large populations of Adoptees in prisons, mental hospitals and committed suicide.
Fifty years of scientific studies on child adoption resulting in psychological harm to the child and
poor outcomes for a child's future.
Medical and psychological attempts to heal the broken bonds of adoption, promote reunions of biological parents and adult children. The other half of attempting to repair a severed Identity is counselling therapy to rebuild the self.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

What Good Is A Hostile Home?

ADOPTEE RAGE!

What Good Is A Hostile Home?
__________________________________________

In the social Ideology in the U.S. believes any middle class home can provide for a little girl-ward of the state a great wardrobe. Is that all the state social-worker professional community can aspire to is the deception of appearances? Where a child is summed up by the clothes they wear is a disturbing reality.

As a forty year old adult adoptee, interviewing individuals that were witness to my adopted childhood maltreatment, the worst statement that still haunts and disturbs me the greatest was said by someone very close to me that I greatly respect. When I pressed my sister in-law Murchie (twenty years my senior) for factual memories from my disturbing adopted childhood she replied:

"you were a lovely little girl that wore beautiful dresses".

This seemingly complimentary statement is the most condemning of all the first hand accounts from the many witnesses seeing my childhood self be struck in the face, shamed, shunned, punished and publicly humiliated at the hands of my adoptive parents.

My appearance worshiping adoptive mother made one chronic mistake in child maltreatment as she always needed an audience to justify her twisted sense of superiority and struggle in shame punishing her adopted child to maintain control. There were always witnesses in this small community and many that are still alive.