About Adoptee Rage

Statistics Identify large populations of Adoptees in prisons, mental hospitals and committed suicide.
Fifty years of scientific studies on child adoption resulting in psychological harm to the child and
poor outcomes for a child's future.
Medical and psychological attempts to heal the broken bonds of adoption, promote reunions of biological parents and adult children. The other half of attempting to repair a severed Identity is counselling therapy to rebuild the self.

Monday, October 5, 2015

Remembering Roman Turner Who Assisted me In Finding My Courage

ADOPTEE RAGE!

Finding My Courage Within My True Identity On a Trip To Meet My Father
__________________________________________

When I found my biological father, the lure of finding an identity-my real identity was so strong that I jumped on a plane with a one-way ticket. Flying from California blindly across the U.S. to the redneck state of N.C.. This was my quantum leap to a growth opportunity while simultaneously ditching and abandoning my adopted child role that has falsely dominated my existence. My father's roommate Joey, son Roman Turner with his significant girlfriend Suzannah Flowers all lived in the home and I immediately befriended them all. One Saturday Joey's prodigal son visited and shunned Roman.
When the prodigal son let the lapdog outside the dog began to run toward the street. Roman instantly ran out to save the dog, and yelled for his brother to help. The brother screamed at Roman "don't tell me what to do" and the two six foot men began tearing off their wife-beater T-shirts to fight. The neighbors-landlord came out of there houses and began yelling at Roman to get off the property. I could tell that everyone preferred the visiting son to Roman in the cruel things they were shouting at him during the confrontation. In an instant I thrust myself between the two brawling six foot tall boys and dared the prodigal son to strike me. As I disarmed the conflict, I shamed all of the onlookers for their ignorant participation, anger without cause and assumptions of fault for who started it. I told them to mind their own business and get off their rental property as spectators can turn a small conflict into a riot. I cursed their self serving bias tactics that looked all to familiar to my own childhood. It is so ironic how people are so motivated to invalidate, discount and chronically single out a child that is different to the point that it becomes a hostile community activity.
Many months after I left, Roman was launching his father's boat on his birthday fishing trip, as he started the boat engine he was accidentally struck in the head and drowned. I will always remember this kid as a kind and good person that motivated me to act with courage that I did not think that I could possess.