About Adoptee Rage

Statistics Identify large populations of Adoptees in prisons, mental hospitals and committed suicide.
Fifty years of scientific studies on child adoption resulting in psychological harm to the child and
poor outcomes for a child's future.
Medical and psychological attempts to heal the broken bonds of adoption, promote reunions of biological parents and adult children. The other half of attempting to repair a severed Identity is counselling therapy to rebuild the self.

Monday, April 27, 2015

The Adoptee The Butt of Many Family Jokes and the Family Joke.

ADOPTEE RAGE!

One of Many Jokes at the Adult Adoptee's Expense
__________________________________________

The third or fourth escape and kick out of the adoptive family. Again in a new city I was gone out of sight trying to exist and maintain normality that was unknown to me. During this time my adoptive mother turned forty. The friends had a big "40th" birthday party for her at the bar she frequented. The cops came in to the bar "looking for her adult adopted child" to the adoptive mother's surprise the cop was a stripper hired by adoptive father & her friends to entertain. I was yet again the butt of the family jokes. They all had such a great laugh, so predictable to attack my nature and disposition as an outsider. The humiliation of me was greatly enjoyed by all adoptive family and friends as a predictable next sighting of me wanted by the police for some crime.
As I wrote this memory today, I told my husband as he walked out to his car for work. He asks me " who told you this?" I said "my parents, their friends and the pictures of the cop coming into the bar to speak to my mother were verbally captioned to document the hilarity of the cop coming to the party. I said why? Don't you believe me? He said it was not normal, un-fathomable for normal people to act that way...He said "can you imagine my parents involved is such a disturbing scene as that?
I said never! They are normal parents that actually  love their nine children, they wouldn't have thought it funny in the least. He said "I can't believe they even would tell you such a humiliating story where you were the focus of a possible arrest by law enforcement......His parents did not hang out in bars, they were home with their family.