Emotional blackmail of Adopted Children
Emotional blackmail is a form of Psychological Manipulation of children.
- feel anger towards themselves which they misdirect onto their child
- have experienced a traumatic or abusive childhood
- have learned bad parenting from childhood
- misunderstand their child's behavior, e.g. believing their baby cries to annoy them.
- a parent's constant negative regard of the child and anger based behavior directed at their child.
- a fearful, distant and non affectionate relationship between mother toward non-biologic child.
A child's physical development can be delayed. For example, tense meal times can affect a child's eating.
Emotional abuse can hold back a child's mental development, such as their intelligence and memory. It can also increase the risk of a child developing mental health problems, such as eating disorders and