About Adoptee Rage

Statistics Identify large populations of Adoptees in prisons, mental hospitals and committed suicide.
Fifty years of scientific studies on child adoption resulting in psychological harm to the child and
poor outcomes for a child's future.
Medical and psychological attempts to heal the broken bonds of adoption, promote reunions of biological parents and adult children. The other half of attempting to repair a severed Identity is counselling therapy to rebuild the self.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Estranged Adult Adoptee

ADOPTEE RAGE!

The Estranged Adult Adoptee

Unfortunately, many times throughout my life
I have experienced Banishment and Estrangement.
The realization of estrangement is a perpetual family
roller coaster, they kick you out, you leave angry and
after time start feeling peace, self sufficient and mental
wellness. When the parents decide you have been
satisfactory punished they will allow you back into the
web of family struggle. Where you will again loose the
sense of independence and peace of mind that you felt
during the estrangement.

Each time I was banished was a time of personal growth,
a ticket to freedom from the people who hated me and
the recognition that only my family treated me that way.
Each time I was allowed back was a regression to childhood
where my parents denied the estrangement and banishment.
They simply pretend It did not happen, Mom would say "It is
all in your mind", You are so dramatic and We were only kidding.
Talking about the estrangement was non existent because in
the eyes of my adoptive parents it simply did not happen.
"It is all in your mind" We would never do such a thing.

My final estrangement was my choice to get off the roller coaster of cruelty.
"Any communication must be in writing" then I know what
I can talk about, what really has happen in valid written truth.
....still waiting..