About Adoptee Rage

Statistics Identify large populations of Adoptees in prisons, mental hospitals and committed suicide.
Fifty years of scientific studies on child adoption resulting in psychological harm to the child and
poor outcomes for a child's future.
Medical and psychological attempts to heal the broken bonds of adoption, promote reunions of biological parents and adult children. The other half of attempting to repair a severed Identity is counselling therapy to rebuild the self.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Magical Moments of Daughter Meeting Father

ADOPTEE RAGE!

The Magic Synonym Moments When Daughter Meets Father

Adoptees move through life like an oval instead of a wheel.
We learn to tune out as much a possible, and what we can't
tune out we intoxicate. Adoptees are alien to their assigned
environment, where no continuity can exist. 
I never understood the depths of discord and maltreatment
that I endured daily until I reunited with my own kind. For the
first time in my life I experienced unconditional love, and it is
consistent, dependable, It can never be taken away from me,
and it will continue after one of us dies. The biological link between
myself and my father for an Adoptee the similarities astound
me. We look alike, have the same gestures, figures of speech 
and mannerisms.  California to North Carolina residing on opposite
ends of the country, we manage to purchase identical things.
Hair brush, type of cranberry juice, wearing the same brand,style
and color pants, sweat shirts, towels, soap, toothpaste, bakery
goods, Ordering the same type, thickness and color scrunchy.
We both carry around pen, paper to write things throughout the
day. Type of shampoo, conditioner, razors.....it is so crazy true! 
The images he collects are exact down to type of books we read.
It seems similar to identical twins interact. My dad has the same
excited embrace of the morning, and the anticipation of what the
day might bring. I am starting to understand how I would be 
without all of the scar tissue, without living in fear everyday.
I have made great progress in building self esteem and re-crafting
my distorted identity One beautiful thing my father always reminds
me that the best years to come are going to be great. I am so
fortunate to have met and known my grandmother almost two years
before she died. In her photo albums I am her as a young girl and
women. Our likeness is so identical it is shocking to me. Other relatives
have commented that I am a younger version of her. To have these
connections in my life I am so fortunate to be healing, my 43 year
 absence from my family has caused them great pain. They have been
waiting for me all of my life, The injustice will heal eventually. 
I am one of the lucky adoptees who found her connections to this world.