About Adoptee Rage

Statistics Identify large populations of Adoptees in prisons, mental hospitals and committed suicide.
Fifty years of scientific studies on child adoption resulting in psychological harm to the child and
poor outcomes for a child's future.
Medical and psychological attempts to heal the broken bonds of adoption, promote reunions of biological parents and adult children. The other half of attempting to repair a severed Identity is counselling therapy to rebuild the self.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Christian Mother and Child Reunion

Adoptee Rage....On Meeting "The Mother"


I met my uterine-Hostess at a family beach day, organized by her sister, my "aunty Di". Unknown to me, I was the secret "surprise" guest.....More like the Guest of dis-honor. The Mother avoided me and talking to me. She sat at the far opposite end of the family's beach picnic. Of the 20 plus people and children all sat horrified with amazement as they stared at me on one end and Cheryl far far to the right like a tennis match without a ball.

On this monumental day for me, she forgot her manners along with her good christian hat.  Like an angry child, The Mother simply ignored me, while pretending I did not exist. I sat there for what seemed an eternity,  feeling miserable, humiliated, and so ashamed to be stuck in a place where you are not welcomed.  Embarrassed and perplexed my "real" family just kept staring at my pathetic state, waiting for some kind of interaction or reaction to happen at this mother and child reunion.
Surrounded by her family, the mother continued to go about her business playing
with grand children and conversation with sisters and daughters in law. When no one was watching, I was
able to slither back to my truck and make my get away. On my long drive home, I
kept wondering what was it that I did wrong?